The Great Nerf

I am silently cursing -
well I was.
Now I’m gonna get a little vocal

Given the nerfing apparently that things like the Frozen Shadoweave set, and the + Shadow Damge items seem to be getting Nerfed ( thankyou I’d Rather Be WoWing )
Which is going to kill 5 Pieces of my gear with their +shadow Damage bonus

FOR WHICH I PASSED ON SO MUCH CRAP TO KEEP

It was rubbed in my face once upon a time by a nastily said comment made by the GM of my old guild once when he was drunk and tired. I said as a one off comment.. with no malice – in a silly jokingly manner  said “I haven’t had any upgrades in months.. ” . ( yes I know that can come across as a Poor me but hear me out)
He says “You passed on all the upgrades.. “
and I’m like.. Huh? Why would I do that? – I passed because they were NOT upgrades, and other people could put them to better use, it was true. I wasn’t going to be wearing them.

well guess what – NOW THEY ARE UPGRADES.

/screams /screams

I checked the new Shadowpriest.com gear listing as so kindly linked by I’d Rather be wowing, and my painstakingly collected pieces of + Shadow Damage are either missing, or re ranked lower.

and then I screamed some more.. thats my Neck, cloak, Boots, shoulders, Chest,

and then I flicked through a couple of pages from the “Little book of calm”

Who Cares..

It will only be till the expansion and I will be working my butt off getting even better gear.

Honor and arena points will be useless, there will be a new badge system,

CLEAN SLATE.

Cheers!!!

Edit: I thought of something else..  if this whole spellpower buiness gets rid of all the + any particular singular spell stat on any item – that means now that  Fire mages could use shadoweave,  and they wouldnt need to change tailoring speciality if they change specs. AND that should also mean then that the +spellpower will then be effective for all classes and ALL spells..   and awe crap – they are taking away my only Arcane spell – Starshards. But those other classes that use  more then one tree of spells its gonna be awesome – theoretically.

11 Responses to “The Great Nerf”

1. 1 krizzlybear September 24, 2008 at 4:45 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

seriously, why? =(

Really? FSW is nerfed? HOT DAMMIT.

at least i didn’t pass on any gear, but that’s good to look out for i guess.

2. 2 pugnaciouspriest September 24, 2008 at 5:10 am

The translation into spellpower –
    It makes sence, I guess that means ANYTHING with + any specifc type of damage will get targeted so it won’t be just + shadow, but + fire, + nature ect ect..

but remain calm.. its just gonna stuff our gear from Patch to expansion…

/hastilly rifles through her bank to see what I didn’t shard..

3. 3 Merlot September 24, 2008 at 9:15 am

It’s a horrible slap in the face, but does it actually make any difference now? The patch will land just weeks from the expansion, where +/- 30-something spellpower is going to make zero difference and where you’ll be scrapping epics in a couple of levels. I imagine raiding and instancing will grind to a halt in the interim. Even if it doesn’t, our biggest problem is not spell damage but hit. My plan is to collect as much ‘healing’ gear as I can so my spirit will be bulging when I head into Outland.

4. 4 Isisxotic September 24, 2008 at 11:46 am

Yeap, it’s nerfed. And I don’t really care. I’m collecting hit gear, like Merlot. I’ll be replacing it all eventually anyway, and I don’t think the slight difference between the FSW and, say, a badge robe, is going to change *when* I upgrade it all that much.

5. 5 pugnaciouspriest September 24, 2008 at 1:05 pm

I mmore annoyed at the lack of having an alternate.
    I have a Mantle i can use and that will give me 130 odd + hit, but when i was raiding the right places I passed on soo much because it was crap.. and I’m extremly upset that the crap is now better!

6. 6 gnomeaggedon September 25, 2008 at 6:07 am

the great gear reset of 2008 strikes again…

7. 7 soulKaotic December 11, 2008 at 4:22 am

is CoH getting nerfed for priest still any word on this?

8. 8 pugnaciouspriest December 11, 2008 at 5:06 am

@Soul – Wow insider mentioned about a month ago the possibility of a cool down

9. 9 soulKaotic December 11, 2008 at 5:57 am

sorry this site isnt working for me last i heard it was happening is this still the case?

10. 10 pugnaciouspriest December 12, 2008 at 3:47 am

Yep as of patch 3.0.8

Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown.

1. 1 When I look in the mirror… « Twisted Faith Trackback on September 24, 2008 at 10:51 am

• Aussie Wow severs wp.me/pb7GB-1tI 14 hours ago
  • RT @Narull: Oh and the servers are still linked to the US so you can still play with US friends if you like! 2 days ago
  • RT @Narull: Next Tuesday oceanic realms go offline for 24 hours and come back online in Australia. Free character transfers for ANZ as well. 2 days ago
  • aussie servers would also mean they would die down when all the kiddies went to bed... 2 days ago
  • but I raid with Aussies, and only used to do Rated BG's with non Aussies cause there was a bigger pool of players 2 days ago