Their Shadow Form is cooler then mine.

See that.
It’s black – and Purple. It’s SHADOW, and IT’S NOT ME.

Shadow priests really got the short end of the stick.  Warlocks have a cooler form.

Is this the real reason why I rolled a baby Warlock?  No,  but still I look forward to having this form when my warlock grows up.

Goes off to grumble in corner.

10 Responses to “Their Shadow Form is cooler then mine.”

1. 1 Mae March 25, 2009 at 4:33 am

The colors are certainly cool. I thank rather than making us glow they could have just made us look more like that, only with our original form. That would have been awesome! Good luck with your warlock!

2. 2 Merlot March 25, 2009 at 10:14 am

Locks also get to drain life and mana in a rather vampiric way – which, sadly, is more than we can say. More and more I feel like a poor man’s warlock :(

On the other hand, my lock alt is 65 and deep demonology. Bring on the fun :)

3. 3 pugnaciouspriest March 25, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Yes new Shadowform graphics! we could even leave a trial of shadow dust behind us as we move.. Must make submission..
    @merlot – As I play my warlock more, I am noticing more similarities, the dotting, the finishing spells which is much like our Shadow word death, the life drain/mana drain which has the effect of our Ve and Vt.. its a differnt way to play certainly, but im not getting the differences in the base nature of the class as i did with my mage.

4. 4 candy March 26, 2009 at 12:37 am

But we can get all shadowy on our dragons and they can’t.

5. 5 Elleiras March 27, 2009 at 12:44 am

Our demonform comes with swirlie black bellbottoms of doom.

I hate it. :( I’d take shadowform over mini-Illidan any day of the week.

6. 6 pugnaciouspriest March 27, 2009 at 4:34 am

oh I laughed @ bellbottoms of doom.. they do have that 70’s look to them..

7. 7 *vlad* March 27, 2009 at 1:24 pm

We Warlocks should have got Death and Decay, not the Deathknights.QQ.
    Also, only Demo Warlocks can get that Demon form. QQ more.

8. 8 Vuur April 2, 2009 at 7:06 pm

as yes but you get to stay permanently purple while the Metamorphosis lasts under a minute…and if whatever we’re trying to kill isn’t dead by then we get squished like the cockroach you stepped on :)

9. 9 minus50dkp May 20, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I read this and had to reply. First I’ve been a warlock for most of my WoW career which dates from 2003. The Metamorphisis, is a short duration form that buffs us up. Shadow priests aren’t meant to be demons, so please don’t whine about it. Second, to the one talking about our drain’s… Drain Mana is a joke and useless, is saps so little mana it takes forever to try and drain someone, so we don’t tend to use it at all… Dain life is the only one worth a darn… and yes we get Drain life, you get Vampiric Embrace… Yours is better than ours so don’t complain. Shadow form is permanent, like a stance, whereas ours is not… so please… stop complaining.

• It's getting rather silly 3 days ago
  • I'm reading as many spam emails from twitter as tweets because I have an acc I don't post to and one you want me to optimize for business 3 days ago
  • The only Christmas beetles I've seen so far have been stuck dead in a spiders web 5 days ago
  • My sister is going to Canada to see bears - she wasn't impressed with my offer to buy her this cushion 5 days ago
  • It's been a long day - it's also a I'm gonna let someone else cook my dinner for me kinda night because I don't wanna. Bleh 6 days ago