Music in Class Rotations

Read the post from Kelpsacovic the Trollshaman on Musical Rhythm in class rotations

Because I am so in love with his concept – that each class has a rhythm, it’s own song.  Soooo much in love  I found some blank music paper,  and had a crack at composing a Shadow Priest song by spell rotation

My Musical notation is a little rusty.  but its in F major  4/4   the bass line is the F major chord  which would be our dots,  SWP DP and VT   ( forget the note lengths which would translate into 12 secs / beats of real time which is not correct for the dot lengths,

I think I would need a percussion line for our VE – I think Ve -being healing  would have a different sound to damage dealing ( so thats not included in this)

The top line, the melody is Mindflay,  Mindblast , trinket procs and then it changes when heroism is hit.   It’s only a short piece and I don’t have garage band to plug it into to see how it sounds, I don’t think I have any nasty sounding clashes in there, and I could probably make the melody a little more complicated and it’s not quite the pipe organ sound I first envisaged.    Apologies for how messy it is.

I play flute  – and  very very basic keyboard  so I could possibly play it,

Im sure Kelpsacovic has some other ideas and I would be very much interested to see what he comes up with!  Go Go !

9 Responses to “Music in Class Rotations”

1. 1 Angelya February 11, 2010 at 2:41 am

Oh wow, what an interesting idea…

Would love to hear what this actually sounds like! :D

2. 2 Klepsacovic February 11, 2010 at 3:40 am

Awesome! I’m going to get that into garageband once the Mac is available.

Channeled spells might do well with a slow violin. Would that make shadow priests sound like a sad song?

3. 3 OIK2 February 11, 2010 at 7:39 am

ForteXorcist and Power Auras Classic are the sheet music/

The healing from my VE is an oboe.

Dot ticks are percussion, Pain is a snare, DP is a bass/kettle, VT is bells/xylophone.

MF is my melody(especially with 4 piece t10)

Death is a big boom….can I have a cannon? Sure I can…I swear I won’t use it often, but it will be worth it when I do.

MB is my soon to be extinct brass, they build up slow but end sharp(especially when I fire the cannon at the end). Soon it will be replaced with more MF(I call it “Operation Mind Flay Spam”, I will drop MB(and imp MB) for really fast MF).

Shadowfiend is my backup singer.

Dispersion is the drum solo, since only my percussion will keep ticking away.

Haste is my tempo, Crit & trinkets are intensity. Bloodlust goes off and the song just takes off. Bad haste can make the song feel wonky, timing just not working out. When it all flows together it can be the sweetest song there is.

4. 4 Kanandi February 11, 2010 at 11:14 am

Wow, do I really wish I could read music or had any sort of musical ability beyond “listening”. This would be really awesome for folks to setup and share for all classes, as background music for farming. Imagine having your spells synched to the music in your speakers! AWESOME idea!

5. 5 FerrioClef February 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm

During some moments of intense healing, I’ve often thought that I was performing my own rhapsody as I hit certain abilities and kept the group alive, but I’ve never considered putting it to sheet music. Bravo!

6. 6 Keredria February 11, 2010 at 2:45 pm

As someone who played the piano for a very very long time, I absolute love it. Awesome idea!

7. 7 Silk February 11, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Shadow priests are BOUND to have emo, “cut me” type music. A single violin perhaps accompanied by a tenor saxophone. An off key piano in a dingy bar late at night.

Its an interesting concept. Not one I’ve thought of…

Holy paladin? Ride of the Valkyries maybe, hell the Star Wars theme works better almost. Yeah not sure I can come up with original music but this is a fun game

• 8 Pugnacious Priest February 11, 2010 at 11:53 pm

You seem to have this obession with the whole shadow priest emo thing. Just because you play a pally – are all ” may the light shine upon you” Its the locks that are emo.. If we were strings – think cellos and double bass, like the Angel theme soundtrack or Apocalyptica – strings with spirit and passion….
      Shadow Priests were around before the Emo generation. Goth damn it goth!

8. 9 slikrx.balthazario February 12, 2010 at 1:55 am

I’d rather call em emo… who wants to be thinking of Fat Bob while playing WoW?

Though “Cure” is a rather appropriate name…

Very cool idea, btw :)

• RT @Narull: Oh and the servers are still linked to the US so you can still play with US friends if you like! 40 minutes ago
  • RT @Narull: Next Tuesday oceanic realms go offline for 24 hours and come back online in Australia. Free character transfers for ANZ as well. 40 minutes ago
  • aussie servers would also mean they would die down when all the kiddies went to bed... 1 hour ago
  • but I raid with Aussies, and only used to do Rated BG's with non Aussies cause there was a bigger pool of players 1 hour ago
  • I have mixed feelings about Aussie servers. I've got my ping down to 180-200 ms and Im not keen on playing at the level I need more 1 hour ago