In a Battleground, you see the enemy, the red tag indicating a target, and the hunter in you unfurls, your animalistic instinct to fight rises, nostrils flare, adrenalin pumps through your body, pupils dilate, and your hand grips your mouse in fevour, your focus becomes narrow.
You want to chase them down - You want to feel the last dregs of their health taken away by your spell, your weapon swipe – and hear their final cry as their pixels collapse at your feet in a heap.
That was the sound of the elastic from your BG Blinkers smacking into the back of your head
Sometimes not killing someone is strategically better.
So here are some reasons not to kill someone in a BG – Ignore them, or CC them instead.
1. They will rez full health and mana – quite possibly in several seconds and only a few feet away.
2. Your’re paying attention to them rather than doing what you should be doing. Look! your flag just ran past, or the tower just capped under your nose.
3. They have no mana anyways. ( doesn’t mean that they aren’t dangerous, just that another target could be more deserving of your attention)
4. They are actually AFK standing in the flag room. Killing them might wake them up that something important has been going on, and that they need to pay attention. An afk enemy is one less person you have to deal with, and one more than for the enemy to get frustrated over.
5. CC pee’s people off more - encourages them to play irrationally. Sheeped, Turtled, Catted, Slowed, Frozen.
6. You stop getting decent honor on kills if they keep dying so much and you try to farm them.
Edited as per below comment about DR. I would swear.. that I read something about Hk’s getting DR
I tried to come up with 8 – didn’t quite work.