My First LFG Kick as a healer.

I got kicked  from a HOR, because I sat to drink. Once between trash pulls, I didn’t say oom – or ask anyone to wait – its not like you have much time to drink anyway – so habit is always take your mana when you can get it

I probably should hide their name –  I said forum bashing was bad form  ( see image 3)  blog bashing someone isn’t much better.  So I’m not using their name in this post.  They aren’t googleable via me, but I’m pissed off.   I mean rest of fight mana was fine. I don’t think I was on full mana on start because of buffs,  I had no replenishment,  and yes I have a PVP cloak..  ( with spirit) and a +hit wand ( with spirit)  and considering the wand is my only +hit item, I’m in 1 piece t10 2 piece 2 9 and a frost badge trinket, and 5.1 gs. I am well over geared for HOR.

See there I go trying to justify an Alts gear  when clearly blizzard thinks I am capable of healing a HOR

- this is what I could SS after the Kick  -

It took a while for them to vote to kick me..  it was kinda of funny standing there..  I think the rest of the party took some convincing.

So maybe I pissed them off by arguing them back.  Can’t help it.  I saw the tank rip into a warrior for a wrong gem as soon as they walked in door – they weren’t nice from the start -and I haven’t exactly been the poster child for not calling people bad when they are bad, but Bad would have been letting the tank die out of spite, and yeah I was tempted.  Bad would have been not able to heal,  the tank, or the party. Bad would have been not standing the corner and pulling agro.  So many bads that I wasn’t,

and Honestly  maybe part of the reason why this post made it as published, is because a little part of me wonders.  Maybe I am bad.   I mean Im confident enough by my definition of a bad healer that I am not,  but what happens if they are right.

Mmm 2 healed Saurfang on her the night before.

Nahhhh Im not bad.

I probably shouldn’t have tried to justify myself – could have put them on ignore,  but I was in a fighting mood – they didn’t even come close to dying, and Ive been in HORs where even well geared people die.

I shall by watching the forums to see how spiteful they are .

27 Responses to “My First LFG Kick as a healer.”

1. 1 Merlot April 10, 2010 at 1:48 pm

OMG. You have my sympathies. That is the lamest excuse for picking a fight I have ever seen. Guy was clearly an ebay. That seriously deserves a forum bash, I don’t care about principles.

2. 2 Shawndra April 10, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Guh. I heal that instance all the time on my priest, and she has more hit rating pieces than you do! Hit rating wand, check (with spirit!). Hit rating bracers. I think even a hit rating ring. I am sorry you got stuck with such a rotten bunch. I know if I have time to drink, I do it, regardless of how low my mana is. You did it in the corner, didn’t you? It’s not like you’re locked to the floor and couldn’t pop back up on your feet with the first heal you cast.

I wish everyone would foodle around with at least one of each type of class. It might make them more understanding and less prone to judge.

3. 3 Jacob April 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Interestingly enough, I had a horrible unfun run with 3 players from Frostmourne just 2 days ago… was one of those runs with three people from the same server+guild, who felt empowered to be rude with impunity because they would all kick anyone who complained.

Maybe Frostmourne is just a bad server.

4. 5 Klepsacovic April 10, 2010 at 2:55 pm

My priest has more hit than yours. She drinks a lot. Sometimes she abuses endless mana potions. The last boss of the instance dies, so what does it matter?

The last time I played my DK I volunteered to fill a tanking spot on Onyxia. The MT started bashing me saying he would tank for a DK tank who stacks strength. I had 4 gems with strength, none pure, and two of those were in my DPS boots which I wore due to a vendor accident. Maybe strength isn’t the ideal red stat, but it’s Onyxia, whelp tanking.

Leave the idiots to themselves.

5. 6 Legendary April 10, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Oh lord have mercy. this is the type of behaviour that I just cannot stand. I was in a FoS run with a tank from Frostmourne. (Must be the asshat central of WoW). He was being such a critic, with a GS of 200ish over me (no other way of comparing). it eventually got so annoying that I did stop healing on the last boss. A pally and sham with us wouldnt even rez him, i guess no one liked hin. Teach em a lesson or leave the party. And you dont need achieves to prove youre better than them, its the attitude. Some people can be so insecure that they need to point out mistakes in others. Whatever. Chin up, balls to the wall. Oh and use a bit more gheals, more efficient over flashes, i think… :]

6. 7 Jimstress April 10, 2010 at 6:31 pm

How embarrassing to see that the tank was from my server :( Thats pretty rediculous, I’m one of the most geared priests on frostmourne and as holy, if i dont have replenishment I will oom for sure in HOR =/

7. 8 leah April 10, 2010 at 6:48 pm

oh … my…god…mana user sat down to replenish their mana in a difficult instance. the horror of it…..

are you bad? no. as long as you can perform your role, who cares if you are not min maxed, optimal. there are no non hit wand options outside of raiding that come anywhere near the badge wand.

your pvp cloak is better then anything you can get outside of raiding or frost badges and I’d say its comparable to Onyxia 25 cape.

the idiot was just being, well – an idiot. I’ve ran into those myself and I tend to react similarly to you. best part about being kicked is that you don’t get deserter debuff. in a way, he even did you a favor, hehe :)

8. 9 Moochew April 11, 2010 at 2:54 am

Sadly, I group with Frostmourne players a lot, being in the same battlegroup and all. Biggest collection of asshats I’ve come across. There are a lot of nice players from there, don’t get me wrong, but 3/4 times if there’s a elitist retard in the group, they’re from Frostmourne. Usually they don’t exactly have the skills to back up their attitude; they’re just internet heros.

9. 10 krizzlybear April 11, 2010 at 3:31 am

I successfully healed HoR yesterday on my disc priest in her shadow gear. Not only did she have hit rating, but she would have been 60 points over the RAID cap even if she were dps’ing D:

That tank was a fuckwit jerkwad. Such a shame you had to be victimized by his assholery.

• 11 Len April 11, 2010 at 9:36 am

I’m constantly forgetting to switch gear and healing instances in dps gear :s I don’t think it’s ever led to a wipe.

I did accidentally start healing ToC in shadow gear once, took me 2 bosses to figure out why my mana regen was so crap…

10. 12 jimmie April 11, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Was healing reg hor on my pally when for some reason I ran out of mana after 4 or 5 flash of lights. Looked at my mana pool and only had 7k mana, had forgotteb to take off my tank gear. I felt like a dumbass luckly we were all from same server just one person I didn’t know a friend had invited him so I just handed out 10g each for the repairs.

11. 14 Busket April 12, 2010 at 2:39 pm

The horrible thing about the whole situation is that this guy’s attitude probably lowers the play of everyone around him because they’re less motivated to work with a jerk. And instead of realizing he is making his groups bad, he just becomes more convinced that everyone except him is bad. It’s a terrible feedback loop of self-delusion.

Tangentially, I never get the hate for PvP gear in heroics. I have separate PvE and PvP kits, but my PvE kit is still primarily composed of my PvP gear gained from BGs and arena, and I will occasionally get crap over it (and said gear includes an 1800 weapon/shield). But if gear is good enough to help me keep a team of 5 alive in arena/BG, where the damage can be much crazier and less predictable, it’s good enough for a heroic.

Generally healer PvP gear is as powerful as PvE gear. I’ve found that similar iLvls will get you the same spellpower, crit, and haste, but trade regen and mana pool for stam and resilience. Which would be bad in a raid, but in heroics you don’t need regen or a huge pool as much because (wait for it)…you can drink often. So…your douchebag here would rather you be a less powerful healer with better mana longevity, versus being a more powerful healer with a weakness that can be totally obviated by drinking. So dumb. Guy needs to look in the mirror to find “baddies”.

• 15 Pugnacious Priest April 12, 2010 at 11:28 pm

The only thing I was missing on my cloack was either +haste or + crit – and that cloak is a better one then I had – and I wanted a 2nd tier piece for my badges. There was a significant period of time before he tried to kick me and they kicked me – so I know he had difficulty – but next time I shall just put aholes on ignore.

12. 16 arph April 12, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Reminds me of a PoS run I was kicked from ‘on the ramp’ after two wipes. DK DPS that was trying to tank his own melee mobs yelling ‘heal me’ while casters on edge of the fight pounded me into the ground. I can’t heal around that kind of nonsense or as a friends ‘rez macro’ says, “I can’t heal stupid, %t”.
    [80 holy priest; 4.9k gs; 1 t10, the rest t9].

• 17 Pugnacious Priest April 12, 2010 at 11:39 pm

That’s one spot which everyone has issues, if I am not running with a tank I know I will mark up the flame bearers – tell dps to kill – even if they say they know what they are doing. Saves some wipes, but not with a tank who doesn’t know about the range issues on agro on some of those mobs

13. 18 Cassandri April 14, 2010 at 10:12 am

Oh my goodness. Surely if you’ve got a few sub-optimal pieces it would explain WHY you had to drink.

But to start a fight based on that reason… bizarre. Someone who’s never played a mana-based class? Just amazing.

• 19 Pugnacious Priest April 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm

He said he played a druid – since I am feeling a little better about the whole thing and so much water has crossed under the bridge – maybe he had a bad day and just wanted to take it out on somemeone, and I wasn’t taking it – so probably feed him.

14. 20 Lujanera May 5, 2010 at 6:12 pm

When I get a player like this in my groups, I usually put them on ignore right away. They’re looking for conflict but I am not interested in providing it.

This is important because it removes distractions and allows me to do my job to the best of my ability. If you’re like me, arguing with some internet jerk only makes me heal worse. When the other three members of the group are having to decide who to get rid of, I don’t want them to think of the priest that let them die.

One fun consequence of ignoring is that the ignored player can’t hear me either. So, when I say things like “mana” or “afk”, they don’t hear while the rest of the group does. As a result, the bad guy will often do things that seem dumb. When questioned afterwards, it will look like a lie when he or she claims that I said nothing. Ha!

• 21 Pugnacious Priest May 6, 2010 at 5:54 am

I did that in a Tanking run on my little tank – 3 pulls in – mage in heirlooms was whining about my agro, I said look your whining already – im gonna put you on ignore – less drama that way. Worked wonderfully.. especically when I told them the joy of ignore is I will never have to group with them again.

15. 22 gnomeaggedon May 11, 2010 at 1:14 pm

A high percentage of my gear is PvP gear… primarily because I can’t get any better, or it is better than most…

As for drinking between waves…

Why the hell wouldn’t you?

Mages don’t give food/water for it to be discarded on logout.

I’d rather be sure that I had good mana before the bosses appear.

I’m surprised he cared… sounds like he was so 1337 that he didn’t need heals

16. 23 Eli June 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I was googling “warcraft LFG /ignore” and found this post. After reading the experience of you and others with the LFG system, I felt the need to leave a comment. First of all, there are people like that in every battlegroup and on every realm – so unfortunate :(

I have a shadow (main) & disc (alt) specced priest who usually ends up healing LFG’s instead of DPS’ing because I (and sometimes my guildies) want a shorter queue time. My shadow set is mostly made up of icc 10/25 and frost-badge items. Since I don’t have an opportunity to roll on healing items in my raids, some of my disc items are actually from my shadow set. Sure, I could equip a lesser-quality item that is “for a disc priest” but if the shadow piece is actually better, why would I want to? Of course, I also have mana issues in heroics and I always warn the tank and the group that I may need to sit and drink from time to time. The tank gets 2 warnings, and if he runs away from me a 3rd time and pulls while I’m at 10% mana and drinking, then he dies. It’s happened, and more often than not the rest of the PuG sees what is going on and will hang back because they don’t want to die unnecessarily. Then I make a joke about res being my most mana-efficient healing spell, and thank him for helping me to conserve my mana lol.

On the other side of the coin, I also have a tank who runs LFG heroics. I always tell the healer before the run starts to let me know if they need to stop for mana. And if they need to stop, then I go sit next to them until they’re ready. If the impatient rogue or hunter wants to go make the next pull, they get to die.

I understand the concept of wanting to get through the daily random heroic as quickly as possible, but so many people don’t realize that taking 30 seconds here and there for someone to drink or eat some buff food or whatever is going to be a lot more time-efficient than stopping to argue, or even worse, wiping and running back.

In the long run, that tank’s attitude (and lack of maturity & people skills) is going to hold him back in the game and your willingness to do what needs to be done to accomplish the final goal is only going to elevate you to bigger and better things. Such are the joys of a mmorpg :) Hang in there!

• 24 Rodrigo June 26, 2013 at 9:09 am

From IFC:Report from Community Discussions: White Flag NightsThe following is iniamrotfon gathered from the Bed Lists at Community House from January 2009 through December 2009:Number of men slept on overflow for the 12 months: 1,688Number of days we slept men on overflow during the 12 months: 197Highest number of men slept on any given day: 25Lowest number of men slept on any given day: 1Average number of men slept (1,688/365): 5From July 1 through December 31 we looked at the names of the men who slept on overflow:Men slept: 563Men who were not duplicated (slept on multiple nights): 177Highest number of nights spent by any one man: 37Lowest number of nights spent by any one man: 1

17. 25 Teerryn - Nordrassil (EU) November 4, 2010 at 11:29 am

When i was low geared i had same problem. I did have to drink. And i didn’t care about them pulling. They need me as much as i need them so if they pull before im done drinking mana. I will just Bubble and /leaveparty

1. 1 Weekend round up. « Pugnacious Priest's Warcraft Blog Trackback on April 12, 2010 at 12:54 am
  2. 2 Restoration (Shaman) No More Trackback on April 21, 2010 at 2:49 am