1. I am guilded again in a raiding guild. Pugs are becoming soul draining – peoples badness, and attitude, and all sorts of terribleness have got to an intolerable point. I wanted something stable, with better organisation = better experience and so on. The guild I app’d to was after a Shadow priest, and after stalking the recruitment forums for a couple of days, I was competing against another Shadow Priest who ended up telling the guild to go “suck on a d*ck nerds” – so I think I was one up on attitude anyway from the start. We see how we go.
2. I am going to start leaving pug raids that don’t use vent. ” We know the fights – we don’t need to use vent.” Says the dps not killing adds/spikes – one run was pretty frustrating because there were several guild members from one guild in the pug who all refused to get on vent, and belittled in a quite asshatteristic ( I made a new word) way the raid for needing it. Of course none of them did anything bar what was necessary. My Healing Mod / I use also for raidframes – VuhDo has the ability to read peoples ranks in a guild as shown in in Hots & Dots Post Fun with VuhDo and some of then can be rather amusing. What was interesting about this raid, was the scrolling over revealed the GM, and some officers of the guild in the pug. It looked like they hadn’t managed to get a guild run this week. The Irony in addition was that their GM was on vent, and revealed with a slip of tongue that he was ‘on both vents” so he had been relaying the instructions back to his raiders. So much for not needing vent .
3. My Tank is leveling slowly. My Leveling partner is US based, so weekends have really been the only time we get to run dungeons – she is 35 and a bit now – and got annoyed at losing, not one, but two pieces of upgrades to a Pally who had queued as DPS. ( Two different instances – luck meant I got him twice) You Yank it, You Tank it talks about similar frustrations in their recent post Main Spec Veruses Off spec in Heroics. I guess tanks have to gear up somehow – and maybe the level 35 dungeons are a lot less significant than the 80’s – but my tanking set started with chosing quest rewards, using greens, my profession to craft upgrades, AH bargain shopping. I’ve been queuing as a tank since level 20, I feel like my efforts in fulfilling my role has been shat upon a little because they are getting the gear the ‘easier way’ but if they had queued as tank, they would also be competing against DPS rolling against them. So I guess it’s a circle.
4. My 10’s Icc is now 11/12 we had to abandon some hardmodes to get there in the time we had, and we had two attempts on the Lich King to see the fight. That thing/man/demon sitting on a throne, all casual like. Looking down upon the group of adventurers with disdain. He is the reason for Wrath. But I got there, before the 20% buff, and for our 3rd week as a regular 10’s we are doing ok. Still needing to pug one or two people due to other commitments.
5. Ah yes – I told my GM I blogged in my interview – It’s up to them if they tell their officers, but I get the odd person saying Hi to me now & than on the realm from random places, and just in case it ever got mentioned. Oh Hi back! /wave it’s ok to say hello – I shall not bite, and I wouldn’t feel quite honest if I didn’t give them an opportunity to be aware. I don’t think I write anything that could be considered a PR disaster. I also mustn’t forget that some people don’t read blogs / are aware of the community, and so just don’t care, but it matters to me.
6. The website that was selling an interview on their site for gold – has not had a single post since. I really hope no one was silly enough to pay for it.