Drink from the well.

My Holy build has Lightwell on both my priests, from what I can gather, there isn’t much choice in the matter.

But who clicks on it?

I thought to try using a Lightwell Macro to encourage people to use it more.

Though this one might be more affective.

Failing it ever gets used as a proper healing tool,   I now have my own portable podium to dance, and preen on

20 Responses to “Drink from the well.”

1. 1 Foe October 25, 2010 at 1:56 pm

“Drink from my well”? so thats what the kidds are calling it now :P

• 2 Pugnacious Priest October 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Yeah 12 year olds maybe :) hey i was channelling this role playing thing / being true to class and character and you of all people know cheesy rpg….. Oh my 2nd priest ostaraa ( holy) is back in guild so I get to annoy you again

2. 4 jeffo October 25, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Maybe you can use both. Use the ‘nice’ one when you first summon (is that the proper word for it?) the Lightwell. Use the next one 10 seconds later when everyone’s dying and avoiding it like the plague.

I think the Lightwell is a great idea in concept. I wonder if the problem with it is that it’s so rarely encountered that no one knows what to do when they see it, or it’s like a healthstone. You see it, you’re vaguely aware of it, but then you totally forget about it when the stuff hits the fan. And that the last time we’ve seen anything like it was in the ToC 5 mans where it’s a ‘bad thing.’

• 5 Pugnacious Priest October 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Trying to think of it in a marketing approach – how do I get them to notice and use it ? Maybe an animation / sound combo ? Or get boss mods to display it – i don’t blame people using it not using it – just inthijknwe have enough trouble getting people out if fire let alone them being aware of something that is good for them

3. 6 Syl October 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I’m the only holypriest in my raidguild and I have yet to see whether people will make use of my lolwell in raids or not. I will probably have to mention this once or twice more on our forums and also midraids to make my guildies aware of it. ;)
    At least you don’t need to target it anymore, that’s a big improvement.

4. 9 Jim October 25, 2010 at 5:52 pm

:D great post!

5. 10 Poneria October 25, 2010 at 6:50 pm

In 2 years of raiding I learned that no summoning macro will get people to click the soulwell or Warlock TV Box portal if nobody’s paying attention to chat (which, in a raid with Vent, a lot of the time nobody is). Sure, some people laughed the first few times I have a funny macro, but then they all go back to not paying attention text-wise.

So I starting dropping the portal right on top of / in people’s toons’ faces. It’s amazing how quickly you can get a soulwell up when you drop the portal on the tanks and melee. :) Or, sometimes I can get it so it pops up on the Fish Feast, but then I turn my toon while casting so the actual well/portal doesn’t land on it.

So my suggestion to holy priests out there is that if you want us to click it in combat, don’t put it way over to the side. Put it smack in the middle somewhere. You put it inches next to the tanks for their use, so why would putting it on the perimeter make sense for dps to use it?

• 11 Pugnacious Priest October 25, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I was in a raid once where someone kept putting fish feasts in the wall – over there – we spent more time looking for it then sitting and eating so yes in your face- positioning is important

6. 12 Narx October 25, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Both dancing and preening are important for female priests to land the right kind of druid in this day and age.

Just ask Tyrande.

I wonder how she gets Malfurion to drink from her well…

7. 15 Rivs October 26, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Dance a little more naked on it, and I’ll click on it hard and fast, for at least a solid 2 minutes. Then I’ll take a nap.

8. 17 Ken October 26, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Or a macro saying: Free Red Bull (click here)

9. 18 Katherine October 27, 2010 at 2:54 am

:O I never realised you could STAND on it! Maybe I’ll have to try speccing holy one day.

• 19 Pugnacious Priest October 27, 2010 at 3:15 am

Levitate :) Next time you see someone elses bowl you could levitate and stand on it. If People can sit on fishfeasts then we can put our feet in bowls.

• 20 Saki June 26, 2013 at 6:42 am

Edward “Twit” Hall III, really? The wninihg, blubbering youtube video sensation/trust fund baby himself? Damn, I would pay to see that (if I lived anywhere near NYC)!