Budgie

Because I seek to entertain and enlighten you – and you may get confused but you shall be educated and not feel like you have been educated.

Sometimes you see someones name and find it amusing, you ‘get’ the name and I couldn’t understand why someone didn’t find the following name for  a druid as funny as I did.

A druid called Boombudgie

I was talking to someone from the US – and they were like ” uhh whats a budgie.. “

Budgies aka Budgerigar are small parrots that are native to Australia

Pic by Jixar under creative commons Attribution – and the bird is called Bellis

It kind of looks like a Boomkin don’t you think?

I have druids on the brain because I now have a level 70 resto/boomy.  This is odd because I’ve never played a toon really that transforms,  so seeing this big bird waddling around and it being ‘me’ is a strange experience. My tree form never lasted long enough ( 30 secs) for me to identify with it, but that big ball of feathers is now ‘me’ and I am feeling a little disasociated because I can’t identify with it.  But it sure packs a punch.  I like boomy dps.

8 Responses to “Budgie”

1. 1 Foo November 25, 2010 at 12:39 am

Unfortunate images of pollys in budgie smugglers come to mind

• 2 Pugnacious Priest November 25, 2010 at 1:22 am

oh but I have to agree with a recent Sam de Brito blog on the topic of Budgie smugglers/lollybags that it’s “It’s disgusting how we’ve been made to feel ashamed of our Australian national swimwear” and basically that the male image is suffering because men are being bowed down into making more ‘fashionable choices’

• 3 Silk November 26, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Pfft men should be ashamed of showing off their man tackle in public.

I mean who sat around and thought “I know when my jiggly bits will look best – right after I step out of the freezing cold ocean!”.

De Brito is wrong.

I’m not convinced about budgie dps in the expansion either…

2. 4 Syl November 25, 2010 at 1:45 am

Budgies ftw – teach’em to talk and you got win! ^^

3. 5 Narx November 25, 2010 at 6:29 am

Are they a type of parrot?

I didn’t know that…

4. 7 Dawn November 25, 2010 at 10:30 am

That is a great name! =)

I love budgies, I have two and my guildies complain about them endlessly if I raid in the day. Whenever I play in a guild or pug where there is an Australian in vent they get really confused and ask if I’m also Australian. I knew a guy in Queensland once who held down his press to talk for me so I could play it over my speakers and let my budgies hear the native budgies. They got so excited. =)

5. 8 Jasyla November 25, 2010 at 7:19 pm

I used to have a budgie. It would chase my cat around the apartment. I didn’t know they were from Australia. Or that they were parrots. Thanks for the lesson!

• Australia doesn't hate Halloween * scoffs at news site it just we have opposite seasons so we should be celebrating Beltane 14 hours ago
  • Turning your own keyboard upside down and giving it a shake is bad enough - but someone else's /shudder 1 day ago
  • someone else has 15. Grumbles 1 day ago
  • 25 ms of Lag.. this could be fun 1 day ago
  • I ran out of room for my @ mmmm I shall work on wittier, but shorter @'s 2 days ago