Account Invasion incomming!

Click for a bigger version.

It looks legit.  Even from my ‘safe’ list of emails.  ( but we know that can be faked)

There is alot of signs that it is certainly not a real email from Blizzard, and is in fact a  spam/phishing  email.

I find the “account invasion” most funny.    Of course if you mouse over the blue link text you get a slightly different link.

The language is all wrong.  They really need to pay their proof readers more, and I love

“If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.”

Translation: Your going to be too hard to hack so we shall not bother.

Oh – Level one characters whispering me ” Are you there Zahraah?”  ( typical gold selling introduction)   get the hint when I reply ” Not if your trying to sell me gold”  and I was only saying yesterday I need to learn to say ” F Off ” more.  Damn this being polite business.

12 Responses to “Account Invasion incomming!”

1. 1 t0xic@hotmail.com January 11, 2011 at 12:12 am

Polite?? And ruin your reputation? =)

2. 2 Andrew January 11, 2011 at 2:15 am

Those poor enormous mass players. Why do they always pick on them?

3. 3 Andrew January 11, 2011 at 2:16 am

Somebody think of the ogre children.

4. 4 Ali January 11, 2011 at 7:03 am

I’ve always responded to suspected level 1 gold-sellers who contacted me with a “hello” or an “are you there?” with either, “Hello!…” or “Yes, but I don’t want to buy gold, thanks!” and never had a problem.

5. 5 gevlon January 11, 2011 at 10:25 am

Rightclick on his name, “report spam”.

6. 6 Chaous January 11, 2011 at 10:27 am

It’s fun to string the gold sellers along (If they are not a bot it puts a dent in their productivity). I once told one that I was interested in buying….but that I didn’t have internets so I couldn’t buy. He seemed confused and so I asked if he sold internets, he told me they accept the usual payment forms and delivery is right away. It was good times.

7. 7 Sukugaru January 11, 2011 at 10:44 am

Sometimes I respond to those level 1 sellers with a “Ni hao!” and any other Chinese I scrounge up. They must get the message and never respond.

The other day I tried Japanese. (“Good evening! Do you have gold?”) The seller actually responded and tried to get me to buy gold.

8. 8 James January 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I still get emails inviting me to the Cataclysm Beta….

9. 9 Fangtastic January 11, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I usually reply with a whisper wherein I try to sell them gold. They usually just bugger off, though sometimes one bites and I get to string them along for a while.

10. 10 Jayd January 12, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I find it so funny that they go to so much effort of faking a website, a link and an email so it looks almost exactly like the Blizzard stuff (not that I’ve ever clicked on to a fake site so I suppose I wouldn’t know), but can’t be bothered getting someone who can speak English to actually write the email. You can just check the grammar and know straight away it’s a fake.

11. 11 RobQ January 28, 2011 at 7:14 pm

NEVER click on any of these links. Zero day exploits are common, your computer can be silently taken over just by viewing the website, with no further clicking or pop-up boxes required. Don’t mess around or take chances, it’s not worth it.

Quickly report any phishing URLs you receive (email or in chat) at:

Personally I always respond to the “are you there?” spammers with “I hate you” followed by “We all hate you”. I saw an interview with a Chinese gold spammer who said that was particularly upsetting for them.

1. 1 Link Love « The Templar's Hammer Trackback on January 15, 2011 at 2:43 am

• So you haven't blogged since March - still following my twitter - still around ? Hope your doing better. 11 hours ago
  • Apparently there is stock shortages of pop vinyl Groot in oz - can I be smug and say I got one in my lootcrate with a glowey hand! 12 hours ago
  • Wtb a tshirt with 'handbag hit squad ' on it /chuckles 15 hours ago
  • RT @clementine_ford: Millions of people share stolen nude photographs of 60+ female celebrities while decrying privacy invasion of Facebook… 19 hours ago
  • Verdict of using #opalcard as a bookmark. It's heavier them the paper ticket and kept falling between pages. 22 hours ago