This is hot off the press.. and I felt driven to comment.
There are new Dungeon Finder changes being made to stop abuse.
Wow insider article linked here
- Players who are outside a dungeon for more than a few minutes are now immediately able to be kicked.
It is disrespectful making people wait at the start, and I have come across those um, interesting people that leave party and came back when it suits them.
- If queuing as a group with a tank or healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) soon after joining, those that queued with them will also be removed from the dungeon.
HAHA no more tanks selling Insta que’s then leaving.
- If three or more players group queue with each other it will require an additional vote for them to kick anyone they did not group queue with.
I can see this being a little more fair. It can stop unfair ganging up on one player and they would need to annoy 4 people not just three. However, if that 4th person is the person your trying to kicks friend, well your all stuffed, and let the battle of wills, and who leaves first commence.
- If a group queue of 4 kicks the one person that they did not group queue with they will each receive a more severe penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.
I don’t like this one. Some of the people I run with are allergic to Pugs, and so perhaps are a little harsher to strangers then they could be, but there is ok, and there is bad, it really depends on what they do. Eg if the Pug is a tank, that can’t tank, ninja looting, doing bad pulls, messing up cc, and is not listening to the healer crying out for mana then expecting a rez after a wipe all the while sprouting bull crap about how awesome he is. He deserves to be kicked. But as a single pug coming into a party of 4 – as one person put it ” feel kind of outnumbered” there is no Us – its us and them. So I understand the need to protect people from the mean masses, just wish there was some kind of check balance, in that if someone keeps getting kicked from the groups that they queue for, something has to be wrong with them.
- If someone initiates a vote kick for someone they group queued with they will not incur a penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.
Not sure how this stops abuse, when one of the people you queued with needs to go, they are more likely to leave party. If I even considered that someone I queued with outside of Lfg was going to be kick worthy, I wouldn’t be queuing with them in the first place.