WSG: now designed for a Better Farm.

Why did they lower the Graveyards / Rez points in WSG? – I am yet to see how this benefits either side in anyway,  it is just making it easier for the opposition to farm.

One of my pet hates in BG’s is farming,  if you are in a position to farm then well you have already won the battle, and now your just torturing players.

The position of the Graveyards now,  halfway down the walls  from where they used to be prior to Patch 4.1 means you can’t escape from a GY farm in WSG

If you control the position my hunter is standing in the pic below,  you control the whole entire GY.  Before, when it used to be up top,  you could avoid it, by running alone the edge of the fence on the top,  and jump down over the tunnel entrance,  running off to the far side and sneaking down,  or even running  down the ramp.   You had a better chance of getting away.

Now the area you have to ‘defend’ to farm is much smaller, and there is no way to get away from a farm.

In addition

Pets of what seems to be all the pet classes can get up there,    Warriors with  charge,    Rogues can shadow step?, Druids can pounce,   ( have I missed any class?) and once they are up there in the enemy graveyard,  they can pick off the rezers as they rez in 2’s or threes which means it gets harder to launch a real defense.

I can’t imagine this was the Pvp that Blizz had in mind when they decided to make that change, and the only reason I can think of was to reduce potential fall damage from jumping off the GY ( hit the slant on the rock and didn’t take any)

I’ve been playing my hunter a little more and gearing her up for Pvp . The 4.1 Hunter changes gave her a bit of a damage boost,  and and I am in love with her helm from the  ilevel 352 Bloodthirsty gladiators gear.

“Do what you want, ‘cause a pirate is free,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!”

I shall not get into the practicality of  a permanent eyepatch on a hunter.  ( but it still looks pretty cool)

She also managed to find the prettiest spider in all of Azeroth  from Darkshire. Everyone else seems to have Ugly black and brown spiders,  and the first one I found when looking for a spider was the girliest / sigh    – but me and Zip have grown attached to Squeeky  ( yes that was deliberate )  I picked up a nasty habit of using the term “Squee”  and it  seemed to fit.

6 Responses to “WSG: now designed for a Better Farm.”

1. 1 Olaffjelltop May 14, 2011 at 8:54 am

My opinion some time ago (before Blizz even elevated the GY in the first place) was that the only way to fix it is to introduce a second graveyard for each faction, on the opposite side (i.e. near the road that leads into the fortress), and randomize the spawn of everyone who dies. This way the ‘farmers’ will need to have more people to farm both GYs.

Another way to tackle this would be to have a ‘bubble’ around the GY (like the bubble that prevents you from getting out in EotS) and eject those who rezz (a catapult effect) at the direction they look at. A buff that prevents fall damage for a few seconds is required. None can enter the blob, none can rezz and stay in there either. Fun is guaranteed, you can spread your forces and have the farmers running. What else can we ask?

2. 2 Inquisitor May 14, 2011 at 10:56 am

Look at the amount of time it used to take defenders to get back to a defensive turtle on the flag point, versus the amount of time it now takes.

Before, it was something like 10 seconds from res to get back to the battle, while the attackers had to spend probably 50-60 seconds getting there.

Clear bias in favour of the defenders, and leading to some serious turtles.

This change – which makes the defenders’ run take more like 30-40 seconds – and the worsened flag carrier vulnerability – were designed to make offence easier to pull off.

They were attempting to fix RBGs, not g/y farms, and from what I can see, they’ve improved them.

3. 3 Evrett May 14, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Bliz is trying to please everyone and wsg was sacrificed to the people who like to farm kills and pwn faces

The idea being people who like a sdiffernt style of pvp with more thought involved have several other bfs to choose from

4. 4 Shiva May 15, 2011 at 2:35 am

If you’re being farmed, then just don’t respawn.

I think they did it to prevent GY camping with the flag.

5. 5 Olaffjelltop May 16, 2011 at 10:14 am

@Inquisitor: You are probably right, yet when you are being GY-camped, the run from the GY to… well… the GY again is 0-1 sec.
    This is really not fun at all since you cannot contribute in any meaningful way to your team’s efforts.

What they did was nice and all, and they should keep the GY where it is, as it is. But adding another one on the other side will probably address this problem and make the game more strategic. I am a big fan of WSG, but I simply cannot stand to run it anymore. It is WAY more prone to bugging/exploiting than most BGs and it is not fun for me anymore.

And while at it, if they implement a Call-to-arms for PvP (granting a satchel to everyone that plays how the BG was meant to be) they *may* make more people stop HK-farming at the middle or GY-camping and actually carry a flag or defend a base from time to time…

6. 6 theerivs May 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I more disturbed Pug is now using “Squee”

• RT @Narull: Oh and the servers are still linked to the US so you can still play with US friends if you like! 6 hours ago
  • RT @Narull: Next Tuesday oceanic realms go offline for 24 hours and come back online in Australia. Free character transfers for ANZ as well. 6 hours ago
  • aussie servers would also mean they would die down when all the kiddies went to bed... 6 hours ago
  • but I raid with Aussies, and only used to do Rated BG's with non Aussies cause there was a bigger pool of players 6 hours ago
  • I have mixed feelings about Aussie servers. I've got my ping down to 180-200 ms and Im not keen on playing at the level I need more 6 hours ago