Waiting….

Malay has set in.

I’ve written 10 posts and they all sound like a whine.

In my current guild it turns out we are gearing up alts for people who’s mains aren’t even in the guild. The members have a long history with my current Gm. I just thought we were suffering through Kara with the current people because thats all we had.
I didn’t know that our badge runs were their gearing runs.
So I’m not happy.

I’ve still not heard back from my app I put in for another guild – 2 weeks is along time with NO contact. I thought a week was professional? Should I assume that it’s a no, and they have been too busy to respond? Would I be breaching protocol by applying elsewhere given they obviously don’t need me, and are inconsiderate enough to at least stamp it with a decline.

I’d withdraw it out of pride, but I don’t want it to look like I’m not being patient, because most raiding guilds seem to rightfully (within reason) have the attitude that you need to impress them, but do I want to be in a guild that is inconsiderate on their guild apps?

In reading various recruitment forums for guilds, a common thing amongst raiding guilds is that they only recruit what is necessary, it could mean that “ We don’t have a spot on our team for you” Means: you sucked. I do know that we used to keep our raiding team pretty lean, so a decline for class overglut can mean a real overglut, nor do I want a repuation on the server for guild hopping or being rejected or withdrawing guild applications.

And another thing: half their websites use the same banner pic or variation of.

I envy those who have been able to stay with the same guild the whole way through, If I did that I wouldn’t even be in Kara now. I also would have quit the game in boredom and be a really bad player. I have learned so much by moving on.

6 Responses to “Waiting….”

1. 1 krizzlybear September 23, 2008 at 2:16 am

I risk making a really bad pun, but…you could try pugging it out! /dodgebricks

In my experience, if you pug out kara badge runs or ZA timed runs by people who are part of a good guild, you can make friends with people, and develop a good network with those who recognize your talents.

Think of it like real life. You’ll spend months applying to a job you really want, but in the end, you end up being offered that pretty neat administrative job from that CEO you happened to serve pancakes to at the IHOP part-time while trying to make rent.

2. 2 natarumah September 23, 2008 at 6:31 am

The point with high-end raiding guilds is also that they have a tendency of being well-oiled machines, meaning that change makes them sensitive.

I would not be too worried about it, because things can go awfully fast. I know people who had applied months ago, and had started to just mind their own business, until one day they were dragged by said guild into BT. They got impressed, and took their new initiates under their wing immediately.

So yes, you need to impress a new guild. On the other hand, it’s also a matter of not letting it weigh you down.

3. 3 Meltfacer September 23, 2008 at 5:36 pm

I have recently been promoted to “field officer” in my guild which carries the duties of reviewing apps, getting rid of the crappy ones, then recommending apps for officers to look at. From this I have learned that it can be a slow process because it has to be ok’d by multiple field officers before officers even look at it.

This shouldn’t take long, but people have rl stuff to do, and don’t always get a chance to look at apps. I’m not sure if that guild is similar, but I know from my experience that resubmitting an app, or app’ing other places would not be frowned upon.

4. 4 pugnaciouspriest September 23, 2008 at 11:50 pm

@krizzly – I think my current guild would have issues still if I pugged kara/za- I looks to be leaving again 😦

@natarumah – will cross my fingers – and wait.

@Meltfacer – I will try and be patient.. I haven’t sent an ingame prod, or a question yet on the forums as to how long it will take. There are a couple of older apps on there too, and one that was declined almost straight after they applied so they seem to be looking at them.. so I will be patient.. but not sure I’m comfy applying for someone else.

5. 5 heathen September 25, 2008 at 1:10 am

What guild did you apply to that you haven’t heard back from?

6. 6 pugnaciouspriest September 25, 2008 at 3:40 am

@heathen – I shall dodge this question artfully.. basically don’t want to ruin any chances so they shall for now be un-named.. 😛

• Waiting for a tyrannosaurus to poop to give to my scarabs so they can make fertilizer to feed my crops #ARKlife 1 week ago
  • Do i save my dinos in ARK? Server keeps getting tame capped so I'm like meh - whats the point 2 weeks ago
  • Is having warlock jumping difficulties 2 weeks ago
  • Had a great time at #PAXAUS this year - touched lots of shiney things 3 weeks ago
  • Woot! Pax ticket arrived 1 month ago