When’s the Next WG?

We have a guy on our server who apparently lives in Wintergrasp – and is the self declared expert. Or maybe he has just grown into a legend in his own mind.

So since I get random crashes in Dalaran, and there isn’t a timer when your out and about for the next raid, and guildys aren’t an endless font of information at the best of times
I decided to whisper this guy and see if he knew how long till the next WG.

After a series of questions where he wanted to know If I was
a) in a raid and b) did I have a flying mount and I was wondering where he was going with this.

He said, The go fly and find out for yourself.

I asked politely.. I said Hi, I flattered him with that I heard he was the expert on WG

and he didn’t answer my question, and I BET he knew the answer.

I know it was a weird thing to do
( I guess getting a random whisper from a random would have been rather off putting though

I want a permenant timer for the next WG that I can access so I can plan my free time around it.

I thanked him for not getting argo, and wished him a good night

he seemed kool about it, but I’m probably on his ignore list now.. ooooooowwahhhhhhh

7 Responses to “When’s the Next WG?”

1. 1 Tessy February 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I wonder what that dude would tell a random stranger that stopped him on the street and asked him for the time – go buy your own watch?

If he’s that annoyed at getting polite random whispers a simple “don’t know” would have ended the conversation pretty quick.

2. 2 Tarana February 26, 2009 at 3:20 pm

I always thought it would be nice to look at the map and it tell you when the next Wintergrasp was.

3. 3 Holy Dueg! February 26, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Kinda sounds like an ass. If he knew, why can’t he just tell you instead of pretty much telling you to go fly a kite? Not to mention, there’s an npc in the PvP area in Dal who will tell you how long is left when you right click on him. He could’ve at least pointed you that way. Bah, you just never know.

4. 4 BethE February 27, 2009 at 5:05 am

You could try an addon called Wintergrasper Advanced.

Although, I have heard that on the PTR they are showing the time on the world map.

• 5 pugnaciouspriest February 28, 2009 at 12:03 am

@bethE – Oh.. I will check that one out, and keep an eye on the PTR reports.. I like that idea šŸ™‚

5. 6 postsemreh February 2, 2010 at 6:07 pm

actually.. if you just click the pvp shield on your toolbar, and then look at the battlegrounds, there is indeed a countdown timer to WG there. I use this on my alts to know when to login on my primary to head to WG. Frankly I hate PVP as a warrior, but how can you pass up gear like that for representing your side and trying to help out?

• 7 Pugnacious Priest February 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I think a lot of people where grateful when they introduced that change šŸ™‚ made a lot easier to see when the next wsg was

• Waiting for a tyrannosaurus to poop to give to my scarabs so they can make fertilizer to feed my crops #ARKlife 4 weeks ago
  • Do i save my dinos in ARK? Server keeps getting tame capped so I'm like meh - whats the point 1 month ago
  • Is having warlock jumping difficulties 1 month ago
  • Had a great time at #PAXAUS this year - touched lots of shiney things 1 month ago
  • Woot! Pax ticket arrived 2 months ago