A Ventless Raid

Last night we did 25 VoA, 25 Malygos and 3 wings of  25 Naxx all without vent.  Our server that hosts our vent has been having massive issues.

I’ve said before, that I would hate to ever have to do a 25 man  without vent, but it was good.  No wipes.  We had a mass fatality in the spiderwing when someone in the back of the group pulled a group we were trying to avoid, and couldn’t yell out  “Oh crap” on vent to warn the rest to save them.

Tank assignments and loot where all done by typing – and overall it was a good night with an early finish.

We did try and use the ingame voice chat, but  its just not as clear, and clean as vent,  it also changes the tone of  peoples voices so maybe its like the telephone and has less of a frequency modulation range. ( I think thats the right term) Thats why people sound different on the phone,  because the basic telephone doesn’t have the complete range of voice frequency. So I watched Anne of Green Gables while raiding ( It didn’t effect my performance so why not 😛 )  I was so in love with Gilbert Blythe  🙂   Swoons….

Back to raiding!

On the WWS

Overall I got 7th Dps

On All bosses 10th

On Trash Mobs 7th

My worst performing Boss was Patchwork at 13th with 4317 DPS.  We had 10 people in the +5000 dps – I really think besides losing a couple ticks of VT I could not have done better.

I did  beat the other Shadow Priest  on all bosses. – give her her due,  her dps suffered in trash because she was the official DE’r but  on every  boss fight I’m trumping her.  We should be equally geared, so I’m not sure what I’m doing different, but I’m doing it right

My Thaddius  was  dps of  7694 – and 10th on that boss.  I want to break that 8k mark /cry

We are running with 15 Dps 7 healers and 3 tanks and I’m doing my best to stay out of the bottom 5. Regardless of my being a Hybrid  I will be using any trick I can to make sure I stay in top 10 Dps. When all the people who are unavailable now  suddenly become available in the patch for the new content,  I will have alot more competition for raid spots, and I want to ensure that I continue to be wanted.

6 Responses to “A Ventless Raid”

1. 1 candy April 2, 2009 at 3:14 am

SPs are so OP on the Naxx trash. Which is a good thing.
    🙂

• 2 pugnaciouspriest April 2, 2009 at 3:37 am

@candy – *grins wickedly. As long as we can control our threat we really do rock on trash pulls if we get the right target..

2. 3 AShadowPriest April 2, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I’m sure I’m not the only one to do this, but I like to set things up with a DK in the raid who will focus-target me and then pestilence my target once she sees DP on it. After that and Mind Sear spam I have pulled 10k dps on some of those trash pulls. 😀

What can I say, I just love spreading diseases.

3. 4 *vlad* April 2, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Our vent was down as well on Monday. It meant I could listen to my music rather than the Raid Leader!

I used to play in a small Horde guild on the Ghostlands EU server. We never had Vent, but we cleared Karazhan and most of Zul Aman, too.

4. 5 Wikwocket April 2, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Are you saying that despite lacking your electronic voice chat service, you had an un-e-Vent-ful raid?

5. 6 pugnaciouspriest April 3, 2009 at 2:35 am

@Ashadowpriest – at least one DK knows what we are doing, its in their interest to make sure it gets spread too 😛 increases their dps

@Vlad -. I’ve refused a pug once on Kara because there was no vent to use – it would make it terrible if you need to explain stuff. I have enough issues trying to type instructions into chat in Heroics when an undergeared and unexperienced tank ends up tanking – voice does make it easier.

@Wik Yes lol – no moans about people dying, or Dps, or people wanting to do something different, it was certainly different.

• I have mixed feelings about being empowered by wonderwoman themed make up brushes - i guess its not like i can take a sword to work 2 months ago
  • Wonders if trying to rope friends into a minis game is like the nerd version of amway 2 months ago
  • I love the smell of mothballs wafting around public tranport now that people are digging their coats out from cupboards ( not) 2 months ago
  • Wheel of time to be a tv series - so awesome to see all these amazing series & books finally getting the attention they deserve 3 months ago
  • #13reasonswhy has a pretty decent soundtrack - stopping episodes so i can look the song up. 4 months ago