Shut the F*&ck up Lady.


I don’t think I have ever been spoken to like that before on vent.

All I said was that if he stopped swearing so much then people may not be leaving his raid group.

It was a GDKP Ulduar run,  and I was going to see if I could pick up some healing offset gear cheaply because I had been rather slack at even having a basic set. ( am slowly fixing)   We wiped on Leviathon,  and I knew it was going to go bad when I tried to explain  ( over vent)  that I needed pyrite because a Pst didnt get a response.   So I tried to explain ” See this blue thing on our left.  I need you to pick that up with I think its a 4 or a 5 ” No response.  So Leviathon comes out in hard mode and no one has pyrite,  so no stacks.  Fun.  More people leave.

I am noticing in my pug runs that I am doing, the distinct lack of females vocal in any form on vent.   Come to think of it,  I have probably pugged 5 or 6 raids that used vent, and I have been the only girl who even says boo.  Pugging has been fun to see who and what is out there,  but it can’t be all rainbows and lollypops all the time. .

 

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Shut the F*&ck up Lady.”


  1. 1 Ophelie November 15, 2009 at 4:32 am

    Funny you say that about female puggers. I was in a pug the other day where the men got REALLY giddy when they realized that there were 4 women in our 10 man. At the time, I rolled my eyes, but maybe female voices in pugs are an oddity.

  2. 2 Bellwether November 15, 2009 at 7:02 am

    This is a big reason why, if I’m not leading the run or I don’t know the people in the run, I just don’t speak in vent. But if I am leading the run? They better STFU for me because I’m in charge, uterus or no.

    It’s rare to hear female voices in vent. But the worst? Is when you’re in a pug and there are several female voices in vent, and all they do is just spout innuendos to get the guys to react to them.

    Only happened once but man did it make an impression ><

  3. 3 Orcstar November 15, 2009 at 10:29 pm

    I think its simple mathematics:
    If I’m in a 25 men raid, mostly only 4 or 5 people speak. 20 do not. That’s one out of five.
    Also if I’m in a raid there are usually 4-5 girls in the raid.
    So, if on average 20% of raiders speak on ventrillo it’s not strange that there’s only one girl speaking. The other 4 are not different from the 80% other males that don’t speak on ventrillo.

  4. 4 quelles November 16, 2009 at 12:37 am

    I generally don’t speak in vent in PuGs because I’m not interested in the “Oh my god a girl!” reactions that I’ve got in the past when I’ve used vent to ask for a taunt or say that my rebirth is on cooldown.

    If I’m leading a PuG and we’re using vent then I’ll talk and I will kick anyone who acts annoying about the fact that I’m a girl 😛

  5. 5 Cassandri November 16, 2009 at 2:02 am

    Hmmm honestly can’t remember doing a pug that used vent when the raid didn’t have a least several of my friends/guild members in it. So yeah I might say something on vent, but i think their lack of a reaction kind of sets the tone.

    I wish someone did GDKP on Barthilas. All these stories of yours are making me seriously envious!

  6. 6 Ambrosine November 16, 2009 at 3:49 am

    I’ve occasionally gotten the “oh god, a girl!” response…

    …but generally speaking I’m chatty as hell, and good luck getting me to shut up on vent. Refusing to speak goes against my nature.

  7. 7 Narx November 16, 2009 at 8:21 am

    My guild has 3? women in our 10man progression runs and we all get on vent and its…. silence.

    Then again, I think this is partially due to the fact that their husbands/fiances are all in the raid with us…


Comments are currently closed.



Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,163 other followers

 

Add to Google

@Pugnacious_P

  • Bailey's balls for St Pats charity morning tea tomorrow - lovely bunches of coconut, biccy, almond meal, condensed… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
  • Not sure who is worse - body builder fat shames woman on instagram - media outlets republish photo 1 week ago
  • Woo it worked 1 week ago
  • When a train is delayed for an extended period of time in the middle of no where its nice to at least told that theres a hold up / hint 1 week ago
  • So spitting on trains - dude thats feral ! 2 weeks ago

Wanna Email me?

Provided by Nexodyne

Archives

Blog Azeroth

Blog Stats

  • 812,306 hits

%d bloggers like this: