What do you wear when raiding?

There is the running joke in most guilds about people who play pantless/shirtless while gaming/raiding.   I would hope that they are still in underwear at least. The idea of flying free in the breeze – well – In my head you are all clothed – lets keep it that way. But your home, your family, your neighbours.

I can’t very well write a post like this without revealing what I do or don’t wear.

Pauses.

Yes I can.  All I will say is Aussie Summer  – no Air con. Nuff said.

I will say what I won’t wear..

The Slanket (R)  Pic and Product Page  from Think Geek.

It looks rather like a Snuggie to me.   The prime Gamer orientated features of the Slanket (r)  ( Sl-eeves+ Bl-anket = The Slanket(R) Blanket ) are as directly from the product page  “Large sleeves let your arms be warm, yet free for video gaming or laptopping”

Well winter is fast approaching  – nights are getting cooler,  and I do have a little  blanket with cute little puppies I sometimes wrap myself in, and a skull and xbones Slanket (r) would be more becoming of a Shadow Priest.

Uh No.

But the skull and xbones print makes it just a liiiiitle bit more appealing….

FTC Disclosure thing – No endorcement recieved. ( Am I supposed to say when I don’t get something?  I get confused )

18 Responses to “What do you wear when raiding?”

1. 1 Klepsacovic March 16, 2010 at 5:02 am

My raiding clothes are my normal clothes. Due to winter this means khaki pants, an undershirt, and a long sleeve nice but non-dress shirt. And moccasin slippers.

The idea of special gaming wear amuses me. Are these people living in unheated rooms and so lacking in blood flow that their fingers would fall off if not for their special blankets? Sure, my home isn’t heated to a warm temperature in the winter, but that’s what tea is for.

Disclosure is usually an endorsement due to freebies; but you seem to have taken the revenge approach and attacked their product because they didn’t send you a free one. I kid. Or do I?

2. 2 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 5:11 am

I ❤ thinkgeek – I think the Slanket is funny though – I don't think I have attacked the Slanket.. I have highlighted the skull and xbone print making it a little more appealing, but I really don't like Snuggies – maybe its the colour selection, the idea of being wrapped in a muu muu – I don't doubt that they are warm – its like NO! Worst fashion mistake ! I mean even Ugh boots are cooler. ( and yes I wear a pair of them@ Home only during winter.

3. 3 Rivv March 16, 2010 at 5:44 am

Work Clothes for me most of the time, suits are not that comfortable to be honest. Sometimes I even leave my tie on.
    But then again I fail at alot of things 😛

• 4 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Take the tie off! I would have thought it would as important as losing the shoes and getting conmfy in your own space…

4. 5 Cassandri March 16, 2010 at 6:17 am

Hmmm how to pass up the cross bones fabric print?!

Yeah, Aussie weather means that most of the year around I’m wearing a singlet (er, tank top?) and shorts. Or a dress. Or whatever I was wearing to the grocery store… that kind of thing.

Comfort counts though!

In winter I’ll probably be wrapped in a blanket. Over my singlet and shorts. LOL

• 6 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Maybe if they introduced more prints – it would become more fashionably acceptable. Though I should stop touting fashion and gaming in the same context. I shall resist the slanket!

5. 7 Lath March 16, 2010 at 7:34 am

I have to admit when its aussie summer I’m partial to a singlet and undies. In winter I’m more likely to don the flanelet pj bottoms, a singlet, blanket and a hot kitty bottle (yes my cat moves from the computer case to my lap in winter!).

• 8 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Cats make the best hotwater bottles when they aren’t clawing into your legs while your trying to play

6. 9 Alii March 16, 2010 at 3:24 pm

To be fair, the Slanket is warmer, thicker, and better quality than a Snuggie. 🙂

I raid (when I raid) in blanket-wrapped pjs in the winter and just in pjs in the summer. Since I’m headed to bed right after raiding, most of the time, it just makes sense. ^^

• 10 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 11:54 pm

It was also a little cheaper.. and yes PJs no matter the season make for good raiding clothes.

7. 11 Zack March 16, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Sometimes I raid in my birthday suit. Sometimes I wear underwear. Sometimes I’m in my chef jacket, underwear, black socks, and slippers.

It varies.

• 12 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 11:50 pm

no chef hat?

• 13 Zack March 17, 2010 at 2:32 am

Nah, I have really thick hair so it gets itchy. Besides, ladies dig the jacket, not the hat.

• 14 Pugnacious Priest March 17, 2010 at 2:49 am

Arent chefs jackets the double breasted done up white ones? I guess it can look rather military uniformish, which has it’s appeal…. and a puffy white hat would not make me think sexy thoughts

8. 15 Euripides March 16, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I, personally, wear shirtsleeves, pin stripe slacks, and a tie when I raid. Sometimes I have a belt, sometimes suspenders. If it’s cold, I’ll add a sweater.

9. 17 Angelya March 16, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Okay so in Queensland it never really gets that cold but I have been known to sit at the computer wrapped in a doona 🙂

In the UK I played wrapped up all the time.. I must be warm blooded – always feel cold 😉 The slanket thingy would have really come in handy then!

• 18 Pugnacious Priest March 16, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Ive tried the doona thing once, and it did get awkward trying to hold it together and press buttons, no! I am not warming up to the Slanket!