Audio Post – Test run of WordPress’s Call to Post feature

Just a hint.  If you turn the volume down by one bar,  the quality doesn’t seem so bad

Well I tested it, and the sound quality doesn’t seem so great.  I had a pretty quite room so I’m not sure if it’s skype doing funny thingys with the quality,  or my mike.

I did do a few dry runs in Audacity just so I didn’t sound like an bogan, and because I had no idea what I wanted to actually say.

Even then I am not sure I actually said anything of note,  but Yeah for embracing of new technologies.

I may try it again, and I shall be a little more organised  – and maybe have a topic worth discussing.

Cheers

17 Responses to “Audio Post – Test run of WordPress’s Call to Post feature”

1. 1 James July 6, 2010 at 1:48 pm

What’s a bogan?

Such a sexy voice, btw 😉

• 2 Pugnacious Priest July 6, 2010 at 2:16 pm

thanks:) – Bogan is a somewhat uneducated, backwater, aussie drawl.. if I do another audio post ( but next time on Audacity for quality purposes Ill try and do an example that’s cringe worthy

2. 3 Bri July 6, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Always wonderful to have a voice you can mentally assign to the words on the screen. 🙂

I’m making a note here .. Huge success!

3. 4 Shiva July 6, 2010 at 6:42 pm

With a sexy voice like that, want to voice-over strat videos?

• 5 Pugnacious Priest July 7, 2010 at 1:19 am

No I was actually hoping for a radio commercial.. ( kidding) Some voices have been interesting choices for voice over strat videos.. some are less annoying, but the idea is not to distract people from listening to strats 🙂

4. 6 Narx July 7, 2010 at 12:40 am

Awww, you sound so Aussie.

5. 9 Angelya July 7, 2010 at 12:53 am

Sounds good 🙂 Well, you’re right about the quality… are you using your mic that you use for vent and that? I found recording in audacity to be much clearer in general, but I’m sure you already knew that if you’ve been testing using it already.
    So at least now I know there are a few of us around willing to speak in public, just in case we ever wanted to do a Aussie Wow-chicks type podcast 😉

• 10 Pugnacious Priest July 7, 2010 at 1:16 am

yep same mic for vent, – I can upload Mp3 files from audacity to wordpress, and I think I can have it streamed much like the post by voice feature so If I do another one, It will probably be like that. Not as polished as a podcast though. Can’t find stats through wordpress stats on if people actually listened/clicked on it though to see if it’s worth doing another one properly 🙂

6. 11 Xeppe July 7, 2010 at 3:02 am

Singing. Where was the singing?

7. 16 KiwiRed July 7, 2010 at 6:33 am

Haven’t heard that voice in a while…

/wave

8. 17 Xeo July 7, 2010 at 6:14 pm

That’s an awesome new feature, props for taking advantage of it. I don’t know if I could do that!

• Wheel of time to be a tv series - so awesome to see all these amazing series & books finally getting the attention they deserve 1 month ago
  • #13reasonswhy has a pretty decent soundtrack - stopping episodes so i can look the song up. 1 month ago
  • At almost 9 bucks for 10g of hair texturizer powder - i could have gotten 10 g of cheap cavier instead 1 month ago
  • Two expresso martinis #nosleep 1 month ago