One week without wow

When do the withdrawals start? Over 24 hours of no wow so far – not a biggie but I’ve got another 6 days of this. I’ve never had a forced break for so long – kinda sad. What happens if I discover that there is a real world out there?
I could have loaded Wow on my lappy but with crappy expensive Internet at 50 cents per mb Capped daily at $15 and then u get a whole 300mb free! Yippee
Uhuh not worth it –
I might buy a prepaid 3G dongle it has gigs worth of downloads and I can use it back in sydney
So I’m here – geeks and sci fiction and writers ahoy – I’m waiting for the opening ceremony to start drinking really bad coffee and eating salt n vinegar chips cause that’s all that looked edible. – after the ceremony I am hoping to
attend a lecture on Steven king.

14 Responses to “One week without wow”

1. 1 Jim September 2, 2010 at 1:04 pm

it’s good to take a little break once in a while!

2. 3 KiwiRed September 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Enjoy where you are; don’t stress over what you’re (not) missing.

3. 5 theerivs September 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Whats this real world you speak of? They have girls there? LOL!

4. 9 Narx September 2, 2010 at 4:49 pm

It’s tough.

12 days and counting. I’m itching to get back into it 😦

3.5 weeks to go.

5. 11 Syl September 3, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I guess it sounds weird, but I never felt that I actually missed playing WoW when I took breaks from it. what I really missed was the community of my guild and a few special friends more than anything, but not necessarily playing itself. that’s what brought me back too, wanting to be part of the ‘adventure together’ again, but if everyone decided to stop WoW tomorrow I don’t think I’d be around. what do we actually get so attached to? – it’s an interesting question. and lectures on writing and authors over WoW any day. 😉

• 12 Pugnacious Priest September 4, 2010 at 12:36 am

And a panel on the social aspects of online gaming interestingly enough – I’m missing it in the down time – faced with hotel tv would rather not be watching – I’m probably missing the net more so then wow At the moment – need to hunt down A USB modem prepaid cause the only net other then my mobile is wifi in a specific area

6. 13 We Fly Spitfires September 5, 2010 at 11:39 am

I like getting a break from MMOs sometimes. I don’t really suffer withdrawal systems as much as I don’t know what to do with the little spare time I have 🙂 You’ll probably find after a week of cold turkey though that you have a hard time getting back into the game!

7. 14 Katherine September 6, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Heh, I just took a week off WoW to go on holiday to Australia, but then it was packed pretty full, and for the downtime I had my DS to play.

• Bailey's balls for St Pats charity morning tea tomorrow - lovely bunches of coconut, biccy, almond meal, condensed… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
  • Not sure who is worse - body builder fat shames woman on instagram - media outlets republish photo 1 week ago
  • Woo it worked 1 week ago
  • When a train is delayed for an extended period of time in the middle of no where its nice to at least told that theres a hold up / hint 1 week ago
  • So spitting on trains - dude thats feral ! 2 weeks ago