Does Tanking Size matter?

Her silver Nappy.

Yes, these are the same pants

But they kinda look like  a silver nappy. * ducks as gnome people throw things at me.

I did try and get them on my Tauren Warrioress just because I could,  but getting 3 warriors in a run and some bad luck with the drop meant 5 runs and no sexy pants for her.  It’s probably a good thing because I just would have posted more cow crack.

It’s terrible I treat my toons so.

As much as I love charging around with my little gnome tank,  it feels more like a zip then a charge.  Let me zip on over to that mob,  and zip on over here,  and it doesn’t really help that each time she gets hit she squeaks like a little mouse, and as a tank she is squeaking alot.

The Melee dps Step on me.

So overall ,  I do not feel like  a tank, and I think that’s important.  When I face down a massive boss,  I don’t want to be ankle biting at them, picking at their toenails with my sword. It’s a bit hard acting like you know what your doing when you look so passive, and innocent.

I want my roar to be real, and guttural.

My armour looks kinda wonky as well.  One boot is higher then the other,  one shoulder is higher then the other.  She looks lopsided in general, and now I sound like I am picking on gnomes.

She is cute to play, but I do not feel like  a tank.

7 Responses to “Does Tanking Size matter?”

1. 1 Anonymous March 1, 2011 at 11:46 am

Gnomes with 2-hander are even more remarkable since most 2-handers are bigger than gnomes, and istead of swinging them, gnomes have to backflip to strike…

2. 2 Klepsacovic March 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm

It makes sense in a way. The boss is trying to kill the small, weak-looking thing first.

3. 3 Zelmaru March 1, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I prefer to think of them as baby legwarmers.

4. 4 Rebecca March 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You’ve got a point. Knew there was a reason I never made a gnome tank… tanks shouldn’t squeak. That brings mice to mind, and mice would very much go splat if they were hit by most of WoW’s denizens.

5. 5 Rivs March 1, 2011 at 5:13 pm

In your tanks defense…it’s very cold in Ironforge.

6. 6 boozychef March 1, 2011 at 11:02 pm

picking on gnomes? but it’s sooo fun! They’re the only class that makes ankle boots look like CFMs (even lopsided ones) *grin*
    mind you, my pally tanking project has eyebrows so long that were you to knot them together it’d stop him from taking his helmet off. (they stick out through the visor). I’m sure all the mobs bashing the sh!t out of him are only trying to knock some dress sense into him

• I have mixed feelings about being empowered by wonderwoman themed make up brushes - i guess its not like i can take a sword to work 2 weeks ago
  • Wonders if trying to rope friends into a minis game is like the nerd version of amway 2 weeks ago
  • I love the smell of mothballs wafting around public tranport now that people are digging their coats out from cupboards ( not) 3 weeks ago
  • Wheel of time to be a tv series - so awesome to see all these amazing series & books finally getting the attention they deserve 2 months ago
  • #13reasonswhy has a pretty decent soundtrack - stopping episodes so i can look the song up. 2 months ago